Friday, September 26, 2008

The Beginning

I never thought I would do a blog... I don't usually have anything too enlightening to say, and not so sure anyone would even want to hear it (my kids usually don't! haha!) when I do. But, I guess I am giving in to peer pressure anyway. The more I think about it, though, the more I realized it might just help me out in the long run. I can't seem to remember much of anything anymore... not what I wore yesterday, ate yesterday, did yesterday, etc. So, maybe if I share the dumb little things I do or say on any given day (not that I ever do or say dumb things), they will be here to help me remember. So, here we go.......

Paul cleared his schedule tonight so we could do something as a family. We decided to take the kids to go see the movie Fireproof (which I highly recommend!!). We laughed, I cried... it was wonderful! But why is it that whenever I am involved we always seem to be late? We are late even when it isn't my fault!

The closest theater (Springfield) had already sold out of tickets for the 7pm showing tonight, so I had to look elsewhere. I found some in O'Fallon so I bought them online. Kids get out of school at 3 and home by 3:30, so we should have had plenty of time to get there on time, even with the 60 mile drive. We ate and then got on the road and had to run back by the house to pick up sweatshirts for everyone so they wouldn't freeze. What should have taken one minute took about five. In the van again we realize we need gas, but don't have time to get it, as it is now 6pm and the movie is at 7pm. So we just drove and decided we would hit the gas station as soon as the movie was over. We eventually made it to the parking lot with 4 miles until empty on the gas tank and 3 minutes until the movie starts! We must have looked like crazy people trying to get in the theater and find seats for five on time (well, not really on time...by then we were late)!

And that is the story of my life...low on fuel, running late, and looking like I'm nuts! =)

3 comments:

Debbie said...

BUT you must remember that you did accomplish your goal, of getting to see the movie, which whether late or not, you accomplished it.

mckallagat said...

thats is what makes you loveable, you are just like the rest of us :)

Photo Momma said...

You are a beautiful woman of God! No one else would know that you are feeling frazzled on the inside.