Friday, October 3, 2008

Single Parents

I thought I have always realized that single parents are pretty amazing people...especially if they manage to keep it all together. However, until lately, I don't think I have realized just how amazing they truly are. Paul has been out of town an awful lot lately due to banquets all over the state, planning meetings, and next week Catalyst. Paul is usually the voice of reason in the house so when he is gone, it is usually nuts. It is up to me to make sure the kids get up, get to school, get their homework done, get to dr. appts., dentist appts, shower, get in bed, discipline, love, and then do it all over again on my own until their dad gets home. I have that luxury...which I am very thankful for. Some days are very long, tiring, and lonely, but Paul always comes home.

So, how on earth do single mom's do it? I just don't know. They need to be given some kind of an award or something. I know being a mom is one of the most rewarding "jobs" on earth, but it can also be one of the most difficult...especially when you are going it alone. So, this is just to say props to all you single parents out there who, day in and day out fulfill the role of "everything" in your child's life. You are truly amazing!

3 comments:

Photo Momma said...

I have actually been thinking about single moms a lot lately too. I don't know how they do it! At least I know the craziness must end sometime

Bethany Patrice said...

Hi Debbie. I got to meet you briefly at Recess this year. My hubby is a youth pastor up in Palos Heights, IL. Anyways, I've often thought of single parents while my husband is at camp, a missions trip, or fine arts. My respect to any single parent has increased tremendously! I'm sure you get your fair share of having to be mom and dad too while Paul is away ministering. You guys have an incredible ministry and I know my husband has been inspired and encouraged by Paul on numerous occasions. So, thanks for lending your husband to the youth pastors of Il. :)

megcloninger said...

Hello! You need to post more and I maybe could've gone with you to NC I miss it up there... :D Hope you have fun though and hurry back I'm lonely!